The EPIC Diploma™ program (European Paediatric / Neonatal Intensive Care Diploma™) is a peer-developed, consensus standard, following best practices of Council of European Specialist Medical Examinations (CESMA) – and advisory board of The European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS).
EPIC Diploma™ offers a straightforward, two-part pathway to Board certification. The purpose of the program is to harmonize and improve quality standards for safe, independent practice in paediatric and neonatal intensive care in Europe and elsewhere.
Exams are administered by appointment at secure, computer-based test sites around the world.
To find an exam centre that is ideally located for you, click here and then select “Find a test center” in the column of links on the right side of the webpage
AFTER you apply (see below) and are deemed “Eligible,” you will be able to schedule your exam; appointment availability varies by test centre.
Please download and review the EPIC Diploma™ Applicant Guide.
This details the eligibility requirements for Part 1 and Part 2 of the EPIC Diploma Program—including the eligibility track for Advanced Nurse Practitioners and other high-level Allied Health Professionals. The Applicant Guide also contains detailed information about the exam format, content, testing procedures, scoring, authoritative references, recertification requirements, etc.
What are the exam fees?
There is an exam fee for Part 1 and an exam fee for Part 2, with a discount for applicants who purchase both Part 1 and Part 2 together at the same time. Find the exam fees here.
In the interest of fair and equitable access to all qualified applicants, there are differentiated exam fee rates for ESPNIC Members/Non-members and for applicants with current residence addresses in countries with Low-Income / Lower-Middle Income / Upper-Middle Income / High-Income economies per the World Bank classification.
Volunteer leaders currently serving on the ESPNIC Executive Committee, European Board of Paediatric / Neonatal Intensive Care™ (EBPNIC™), Assessment Development Committee, or Job Analysis Task Force, and ESPNIC Section Chairs and Vice-Chairs, receive a deep discount on EPIC Diploma exam fees, in appreciation for their significant engagement and investment of time and expertise in leading ESPNIC.
EPIC Diploma Exam Fees – Part 1
|ESPNIC Member Rate||Non-Member Rate||ESPNIC Volunteer Leader Rate|
|Current residence address in a country with a High-Income economy||EUR 577||EUR 839||EUR 423|
|Current residence address in a country with Upper-Middle-Income economy||EUR 482||EUR 683|
|Current residence address in a country with a Lower-Middle-Income economy||EUR 452||EUR 598|
|Current residence address in a country with a Low-Income economy||EUR 430||EUR 566|
EPIC Diploma Exam Fees – Part 2
|ESPNIC Member Rate||Non-member Rate||ESPNIC Volunteer Leader Rate|
|Current residence address in a country with a High-Income economy||EUR 524||EUR 755||EUR 419|
|Current residence address in a country with an Upper-Middle-Income economy||EUR 473||EUR 682|
|Current residence address in a country with a Lower-Middle-Income||EUR 451||EUR 587|
|Current residence address in a country with a Low-Income,||EUR 420||EUR 545|
EPIC Diploma Exam Fees – Part 1 and Part 2 (when paid together at the same time)
|ESPNIC Member Rate||Non-member Rate||ESPNIC Volunteer Leader Rate|
|Current residence address in a country with a High-Income economy||EUR 991||EUR 1435||EUR 758|
|Current residence address in a country with an Upper-Middle-Income economy||EUR 860||EUR 1229|
|Current residence address in a country with a Lower-Middle-Income||EUR 813||EUR 1067|
|Current residence address in a country with a Low-Income,||EUR 765||EUR 1000|
Click here to become an ESPNIC Member BEFORE you submit your EPIC Diploma™ application, to enjoy the discounted Member Rate!
Country economy classifications according to World Bank.
Candidates whose eligibility has already been confirmed after completing the initial application for the EPIC Diploma™ (and who either failed the exam or did not take the exam within the eligibility period) can upload a current copy of their currently valid, unrestricted medical license(s) and pay the significantly reduced Exam Retake / Exam Eligibility Extension Fee using this online form (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/EPIC-retake-extension).
- Your primary resource is the EPIC Diploma™ Applicant Guide, which provides the detailed exam specifications (topical content outline) and a comprehensive list of all authoritative references for the exam questions.
- ESPNIC has established an EPIC Diploma Candidate Study Group, to empower eligible candidates to share knowledge, work with mentors, and network with peers who also plan to take the exam. Candidates will be invited to the online Study Group upon being notified that they are eligible.
- You can (but are not required to) purchase an EPIC Diploma™ Practice Test, as a study tool. The practice test is internet-based, so you can take it any time, anywhere that you have access to a supported device and an internet connection.
Please note that the practice test is not intended to be an exact replica of the actual exam, and candidates should not rely on the practice test as an absolute guide to the actual exam or as a predictor of their performance on the actual exam.
While there are fewer test questions on the practice test than on the actual exam, the exam items on the practice test are organized along approximately the same topical domains as the exam items on the actual EPIC Diploma exam, and the practice test items have been vetted through the same rigorous process of quality control and quality assurance as the actual exam items.
The Practice Test is EUR 163 for Part 1, and EUR 163 for Part 2 (EUR 326 for both). You can purchase a Practice Test by clicking here.
- ESPNIC is organizing customized education seminars to fill any gaps between local training opportunities and the eligibility requirements and topical exam content of the EPIC Diploma (Part 1 and Part 2). If you would like ESPNIC to plan a course in your region, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which topics would be needed by you and other EPIC Diploma candidates in your region.
- Paediatric/neonatal intensive care physicians, advanced nurse practitioners, and other high-level allied health professionals just like you, from all around the world.Here are some interesting facts and figures about the demographic diversity of our EPIC Diploma applicants.Average Age of Applicants: 40.6 Applicants’ Years of Experience
If you have any questions about the EPIC Diploma program, eligibility requirements, application process, preparatory resources, or exam logistics, please email us at email@example.com. We are very happy to answer your questions and to help you prepare to be successful in your pursuit of the EPIC Diploma!