The 2nd edition of the ESPNIC Handbook of Paediatric and Neonatal Mechanical Ventilation is now officially available for sale as an e-book. It’s based on the 5th Spanish edition of the handbook from the Respiratory Group of the SECIP, in 2018.
A special thanks to all the sections and working groups for their collaboration and both the SECIP Respiratory Group and the ESPNIC Respiratory section for their involvement and leadership. We hope that this handbook will become the main reference book for mechanical ventilation in critically ill children.
“Update in Paediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care 2022” book
Our e-book is, also known as “Hot Topics Book” contains the most interesting updates in the world of Paediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care in 2021/2022 and is compiled by ESPNIC Sections and Working Groups. Edited by Martin Kneyber, MD PhD FCCM.
Salient features of the book:
- The ONLY book with comprehensive material on AKI and RRT accompanied by practical aspects- nursing and medical with contributions by stalwarts in the field of critical care nephrology in children
- This book covers the basics as well as advances in the field of Critical Care Nephrology.
- Each chapter is dedicated to the practical aspects of a particular topic elucidating various management decision points.
- Each chapter is accompanied with algorithms, figures, and protocols from world-renowned institutes in tabulated format.
- Information on how to manage specific conditions are contextualized with relevant background anatomy, physiology and biochemistry, and practical examples.
Non-Invasive Ventilation in Pediatrics 2nd Edition
The aim of the second edition of “Non-Invasive Ventilation in Pediatrics” was to incorporate all of the knowledge concerning NIV in children accumulated in the past four years. Nonetheless, due to the limited body of literature on NIV, there are many aspects of this treatment that are directed primarily by experience and by each authors’s opinion.
Authors: A. Medina, M. Pons, F. Martinón-Torres
Critical Care Nursing of Infants and Children (Textbook)
Authors: Martha A.Q. Curley (RN, PhD, FAAN), Pat Moloney-Harmon (RN, MSN, CCNS, FAAN)